The moxa herb Artemesia Vulgaris amplifies the positive health and wellbeing effects of acupuncture or can be used by itself as a healing protocol .
These wonderful 20 indirect herbal heating sticks are traditionally prescribed for used for long term pain relief, energy and much more besides!
It is important to mention your purchase of box with instructions at start of session, if having instruction, for Anne to put aside 10 minutes home-use instruction.
Suitable for any visit except visit 1, which includes your detailed consultation plus treatment, naturopathic advice or the formulation of a herbal medicine mix.
Photo featured of 4 standard moxa sticks is for illustration purposes only.
The Dong Bang brand moxa sticks from in clinic, are premier quality moxa with a slim gold coloured band at the base and there are 20 per package.
- Moxa Rolls, 9 x 120mm, 20 per box.
- Long moxa roll with super pure moxa.
- 3 kg
- Suitable for indirect moxa treatment.
- High quality product used by acupuncturists.
- Produces herbal fragrance and smoke.
Moxa is the anglicised version of the word “mogusa”, which is Japanese for the herb Artemesia Vulgaris. The combining of the word moxa with that of combustion became “Moxibustion”, the generic word to describe a variety of medical techniques involved in the burning of Artemesia.
Moxa can be utilised for home use, when usually rolled into a stick, lit and held over specific points or zones of the body upon in clinic personalised instruction and handout supplied by Anne for her clients.
After instruction, moxa boxes can be purchased as re-stock any time for your convenience.
The fragrance and smoke properties regarded as an important therapeutic element in Traditional medicine – if not be appropriate for those using in confined or shared spaces, please see the alternative moxa product offered at Well Being Dublin.
Instruction is with Anne during your regular scheduled in clinic visit for acupuncture, herbal medicine or naturopathy.
As a trained accredited acupuncturist who knows your health profile and the particular issues you would like to address, this will enable you to know precisely which acupuncture points or zones are best for you to moxa and how to use your herbal sticks, along with an instructional hand out.
May be collected in clinic during scheduled visit or via Click and Collect during Well Being Dublin working hours.
Please see terms and conditions.
- Moxa roll box (20) PLUS In-clinic instruction for personalised use €30
- Moxa roll box (20 Refill) €15
Not suitable for:
- Moxibustion should not be performed over the face or other sensitive tissues.
- It should not be used by clients who do not have the ability to feel heat or pain, due to age or neurological impairment.
- Moxibustion should only be carried out for children under 13 by licensed practitioners.
- Not for use on the abdomen of pregnant women.
- Not for use on hot/ red skin conditions, for those who are have a perception of being “overheated” or during fevers/active infections.