Rheumatoid Arthritis (R.A.) is an autoimmune disease that attacks the body’s joints resulting in redness, inflammation and sometimes severe pain.
This response creates inflammation of the tissues that line the inside of the joints causing swelling, pain and potentially also disfigurement. Inflammation can occur in other parts of the body, including the eyes, heart and lungs.
Women are two to three 3 more likely to get RA and treatment generally focuses on the use of anti-inflammatory drugs and other medications physical therapy and in some cases surgery.
At Well Being Dublin the aim of treatments with Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine and Naturopathy is to help control pain and inflammation, reduce loss of function and improve quality of life.
The cornerstone of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) is what we call “pattern differentiation.” As informed by this diagnostic framework, Anne don’t simply treat named diseases, she treats patterns. Patterns are groups of signs and symptoms, and the patterns identified in Chinese medicine have been used to help billions of people for thousands of years.
Compared to conventional approaches to mental health, Traditional Chinese Medicine has a unique approach to Rheumatoid arthritis.
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, conditions such as back pain could reflect as both physical and mental disharmony within the individual and are reflective of an individual “Pattern of Disharmony”.
No matter if a client is attending for acupuncture, herbal medicine or naturopathy, a treatment plan will be based on a personalised in-depth consultation to first evaluate causality and identity this “Pattern”.
The initial consultation takes account of all possible contributions or influences with regards to R.A. (e.g. overall immunity, family history, co-morbidities, stressors, environmental factors, diet and lifestyle factors etc.).
A personalized treatment plan will be put in place then to reducing acute symptoms and restore equilibrium to the body; to improve overall mental health and overall wellness.
That’s considering the principle that T.C.M and holistic medicine in general is a mind/body medicine which aims to optimise the health and wellbeing of the whole person.
Well Being Dublin Strategies
- Acupuncture (e.g. points such as Du4, GB 34, Kid 3, LI 11, Bl 23 etc)
- T.C.M. Modalities (e.g Ear seeds, plum blossom needling)
- Herbal medicine (e.g topical / ingestion via personalised tincture)
- Dietary healing/superfoods/supplements
- Naturopathic support/ Home self-care instruction (E.g. Acupressure, Qi gong, Aromatherapy)
- Clients shop, exclusively for clients – supplemental home care, supports for healing in your own hands.
Articles & Studies
- Effectiveness of Acupuncture on Pain, Functional Disability, and Quality of Life in Rheumatoid Arthritis of the Hand: Results of a Double-Blind Randomized Clinical Trial
- Herbal Medicine, drugs and Rheumatoid arthritis
Read more about the best of health and wellness products available exclusively for clients and digital gift cards available for all, from Well Being Dublin.